Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment for Graduate 2017
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Group Financial Crime Control
Job ID: 28449
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
- Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To provide oversight and leadership in ensuring that all Financial Crime Control functions are carried out according to the Group Financial Crime Control (GFCC) mandate and that standards and methodologies are designed and aligned to add value to the Stanbic IBTC PLC, Nigeria business.
- Manage, lead, provide guidance, facilitate and pursue financial crime that is committed against Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC and its Customers.
- Operate within the Code of Ethics and Values of the Bank.
- Assist with the development of strategy towards financial crime combating initiatives within Stanbic IBTC Bank Business portfolio and to align this to the GFCC strategy.
- Analytically review management information to determine current and emerging trends and establish tactical approach.
- Report significant control weaknesses and make recommendations to mitigate the same.
- Report significant issues related to the governance and operational processes including potential improvements to these processes and the provision of information concerning the resolution of such issues.
Effectively manage risk and loss:
- Accountable for ensuring the recovery of losses through Criminal and Civil action
- Take ownership and overall accountability for allocated cases for Nigeria from the point of allocation until their “formal” conclusion as per the defined processes.
Process and Case Management on Investigations:
- Constantly provide intelligence regarding trends, modus operandi, type of financial crime documents, and standard of fraud application, knowledge of the criminal groups / syndicates regarding the verification process, other processes of SBA that are detected in current investigations on hand. Secure reporting line to relevant Business Heads regarding relevant intelligence gathered through investigations.
- Regularly liaise with Law Enforcement Intelligence Services to gather information regarding the movement of suspects (locally and internationally), new trends, crime threats and modus operandi that are identified.
Customer Service and Portfolio management: Alliances / Liaison & Networking:
- Ensure effective Customer Service Escalation matrix.
- Timeous input to relevant report requirements (Exco, SAC, Risk Committees, Nigerian Central Bank reports) and management reports
- Provide input and assist where required with the design of country specific fraud and Security policies; standards and methodologies.
- Develop fit for purpose fraud prevention and awareness programs leveraging available delivery mechanism like social media, digital channels, email, SMS and face to face channels.
- Establish and maintain investigative principles, processes and techniques that lead to loss recovery (civil and criminal) and successful prosecution.
- Ensure utilisation of the Digital Forensics lab and tools in driving effective and efficient investigations.
- Various Business Units
- Nigeria Police Services; Economic and Financial Crimes Commission; Directorate of Intelligence Services of Nigeria; Directorate of Public Prosecution of Nigeria; Nigerian Courts; Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN); Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation; Financial Institutions Training Centre; Committee of Chief Inspectors of Banks in Nigeria; Inter-banks Risk Forum – Other banks
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in Finance and Accounting preferred.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 10-12 years significant experience in managing financial crime risk in a large scale financial crime operational area in Nigeria.
- Advanced Risk Management
- Advanced Risk Awareness
- Risk Reporting
- Advanced Risk Identification
- Advanced Fraud Detection and Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st November, 2017.