Here is a post which is going to give you the complete list of states in Nigeria that pays NYSC corps members monthly allowance apart from the N19,800 stipend from the FG. We are going to also give you the accurate amount they pay to corps members monthly.
So many prospective corps members would like know the states that pay monthly allowances to corps members, so they don’t end up living on just the N19,800 paid by the Federal Government.
Your service year can be more fun if you are receiving state allowance, PPA allowance, FG allowance and to add more sugar to your tea, PPA accommodation.
This is the dream of so many corps members, but I must tell you that, only a few enjoy the above benefits. Let’s go straight into this recently updated list of the states that pays monthly allowance to corps members and how much they pay.
Recently updated list of states that pays monthly allowance to corps members and how much they pay (2017/2018)
1. Akwa Ibom State Pays N10,000
2. Lagos state Pays N15,000 and some times N10,000 to corpers in ministry and N5000 to those in LGA.
3. Sokoto State pays N4,000 and N9,000 to those in state hospital.
4. Enugu State Pays N10,000
5. Oyo State Pays N3,800 (not all corps members though)
6. Osun State Pays N5,000 (I heard they are owing some, but they are surely going to pay, even if it is after your service year).
7. Kano State Pays N4,000
8. Borno State Pays N1,000 (This fee is too low, considering the state of the State).
9. Niger State Pays N6,000
10. Yobe State Pays N2,500
11. Bayelsa Pays N3,000
12. Ogun State Pays N5,000
13. Delta States Pays N5,000
14. Bauchi State Pays N1,250
15. Cross River State Pays N3,090
So as you can see from the above list just 15 states out of the 36 + FCT currently pays monthly allowance to NYSC corps members. And another sad part is some of this states listed above are even owing months of this stipend, though we hope they are going to pay someday.
As regards the rumours that the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC is going to be scrapped by the Federal Government, we at Fabinfos can tell you that such rumours are false. The Senate only removed the scheme from the constitution so as to make room for some amendments to the program.
There you have it on this post “NYSC: Complete list of of states that pays corps members allowance and how much they pay (2017/18 update).” I hope you found this piece helpful.