Here is the summary of all requirements for corps members’ orientation camp as the 2017 Batch B Stream 1 prepare to resume their various camps on Tuesday, 21st November 2017.
It’s barely four days to the commencement of the NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream 1 Orientation Course activities across the country, and many Prospective Corps Members are wondering what they are going to need on camp.
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, has officially released requirements for the Orientation Course but as we all know, there are some basic items and processes that have not been mentioned by the scheme and cannot be forgone.
Below is a comprehensive list of essential things all prospective corps member must take to their various orientation camp. This list was compiled by a serving corps member, which makes it more reliable.
Let’s begin with some essential documents;
1. Authentic Student ID Card – (Original and photocopies). If you have been issued your Certificate by your tertiary institution, then you won’t be needing the Student ID Card.
2. Certificate /Statement of Result from your School (Original and 3 Photocopies). If you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist, you will be expected to carry along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. NYSC Call-up letter (Original and 3 photocopies)
4. NYSC Green Card (Original and 3 photocopies)
5. Recent Passport Photographs – WHITE BACKGROUND (12 copies)
6. Compulsory medical certificate from a government or military hospital, showing health status. (Some orientation camps carry out medical checkups for those who don’t have this certificate.)
The above listed documents and items will get you through your registration up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT.
What does the NYSC KIT Contain?
Every youth corps member gets a kit from the scheme, this kit consists;
• 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts
• 2 pair of white shorts
• One NYSC crested vest
• A pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers)
• A crested NYSC cap
• A pair of Jungle boots
• A pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
So those are the things you are going to get from the NYSC Scheme, let’s now move on to those things you need to buy. They are really essential for your survival.
List of thing you have to buy before going to camp (so you avoid buying at high cost from Maami)
1. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS: This is an essential outfit worn everyday in camp throughout your 3 weeks, I know you might be wondering that what happens to the one given by NYSC. Well, the grim reality is the NYSC T-Shirt is most likely to be inferior. So just buy a 3 in 1 Polo (Ralph/Cardinal) White T-Shirt. Please Note: I didn’t mention LUX.
2. WHITE SHORTS: NYSC would give 2 pairs of shorts, but you may need extra 2 pairs so as not to be stranded because you wouldn’t be able to wash daily.
3. PLAIN WHITE TENNIS SHOES: It’s advisable you get one pair of rubber to save yourself from stress. This can easily wash itself while you bathing.
4. PROVISIONS: Essential for all. Some won’t like camp food, and while some might need something to munch at Night. So Garri, cereals, milk and the likes are going to be useful.
5. TOILETRIES: antiseptics, towel, sanitary pads, are essential to keep you from infections and skin reactions.
6. MOSQUITO NET: Take along with a rope to tie it to your bunk to avoid malaria. Honestly the mosquitoes waiting for you at Camp are not going to be joking at all.
7. CASH: At least 25,000 with your ATM card. There are many other things that take up money in camp like food, charging of phones, e.t.c. Am sure you know the state of the nation, so hold some cash.
8. WAIST POUCH: This is very essential. It ought to be number one. How can you survive without one. The waist pouch serves as your bank and locker for important items like phones, money, ID card, keys, ATM. Honestly some people are professional thieves so you going to need this.
9. TORCHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: In preparation for morning drills at 5am and at night after lights out, you will need them. But your phone flashlight might do the trick.
10. PADLOCKS: please lock your boxes and bags to avoid stories that touch.
OTHERS: bed sheets, Pillow Cases, Pillow, Power bank, pain relief drugs, antibiotics… etc.
There you have it on this post “NYSC 2017 Batch B: Summary of all requirements for corps members’ orientation camp.” Wish you all the best.