Job Description Of A Water Treatment Operator In A Factory
Here is the job description of a water treatment operator in a factory located in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, and other African countries.
Water treatment operator perform various duties in a factory, and below is a comprehensive list of their duties.
1) Controls treatment plant machines and equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use: Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant.
2) Dumps specified amounts of chemicals, such as chlorine, ammonia, and lime into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water.
3) Starts agitators to mix chemicals and allows impurities to settle to bottom of tank.
4) Turns valves to regulate water through filter beds to remove impurities.
5) Pumps purified water into water mains.
6) Monitors panel board and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates, loss of head pressure and water elevation, and distribution of water.
7) Cleans tanks and filter beds, using back washing.
Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
9) Tests water samples to determine acidity, color, and impurities, using colorimeter, turbidimeter, and conductivity meter.
10) Adds chemicals such, as alum into tanks to coagulate impurities and to reduce acidity.
11) Records data, such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
12) May operate portable water-purification plant to supply drinking water.
There you have it on this post “Job Description Of A Water Treatment Operator In A Factory.” I hope you found this helpful more than a bit.