Here are the step by step guide to improve your search engine rank on Google Nigeria and hold that #1 position forever.
There are numerous factors that can affect your website page rank on various search engines but as Google is the most popular Search engine on the internet, so it would be wise for you to give priority to having a decent Google Page Rank because this can really help in terms of SEO and search engine traffic you are going to get.
How does Google Nigeria rank a website?
Google ranks a web page according to a large number of factors what these factors are exactly is apparently a trade secret they are not currently willing to share and are not expected to in the next few years, although there are number of things that contribute to the ranking of a page which are well known to most SEO experts.
SEO tips to boost your search engine rank on Google Nigeria
- Backlinks: If you want your webpage to be “important” on Google search engine then you would need to increase the number of links pointing to that web page. Let us assume your web page has a total of 100 quality backlinks leading to it, this webpage would surely be ranked higher than one that has just 20 backlinks. I can guess you would be asking the question of what quality backlinks are. Well these are simply links from other popular pages redirecting to a particular webpage.
- Your Title Tags: Google seems to give more advantage to the title of your page. If you are using a Web editor which automatically inserts a title tag like “New Document” to your web pages, always remember to change it to something more meaningful with your page keywords inserted so as to reap the benefit of this feature.
- Use a Site Map: Although this is not strictly necessary, if you find that Google is not able to discover some specific pages on your website and is finding it difficult to crawl all your pages, then creating a site map would be a wise move. I don’t mean a user site map but a site map which is specially designed for search engines to crawl your web pages.
- Robots.txt File: Google will read and obey a special text file placed on your website called the “robots.txt” file. With this file you can control where search engines are allowed to go and decide where you don’t want them, though if you misuse this and make any errors it can prove costly as you can prevent Google bots from crawling your page at all. It is a good idea to create a robots.txt file for your website. This allows search engines to index everything on your site.
- ALT tags for Images: If you are used to placing images on your website without bothering to place an ALT tag then I would highly recommend you adding them now. An “ALT tag” is simply a way of putting a description of the pictures you upload on your webpage. All search engines, including Google, are essentially blind, and rely on words basically, so they need the ALT text so as to be able to read the images and know what is in them.