Good morning this wonderful Tuesday morning. Here are the top 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Tuesday morning, this news has been gathered from top Nigerian Newspapers issued today, Tuesday 2nd May, 2017. This News update was proudly brought to you by Fabnews.
Quote of the day – Tuesday 2nd April, 2017
After rain comes sunshine; After darkness comes the glorious dawn. There is no sorrow without its alloy of joy; there is no joy without its admixture of sorrow. Behind the ugly terrible mask of misfortune lies the beautiful soothing countenance of prosperity. So, tear the mask! – Obafemi Awolowo
Let’s go straight now into the Nigerian news updates for today Tuesday 2nd May 2017.
- The President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, Speaker, House of Reps, Yakubu Dogara, and Minister of Employment, Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige were publicly humiliated, yesterday, at the Eagle Square’s venue of this year’s May Day Celebration.
- The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has accused former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode of stealing the sum of 2 billion Naira meant for the repairs of Port Harcourt International Airport runway while he was in office.
- The Sen Shehu Sani has advocated for a minimum wage of N145,000 for Nigerian civil servants. He said the current minimum wage of N18,000 was ‘a big insult’ to Nigerian workers, adding that the amount was not even enough to feed a politician’s dog in a month
- Lawyer and human rights activist, Femi Falana has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to urgently seek for medical leave, so as to have time to recover fully.
- The Nigerian Immigration Service says it has rescued 16 children from child labour in Ekiti State. The 16 rescued children between ages of five and 14, only one was a boy.
- MTN has disengaged 280 of its employees in Nigeria. The staffs affected include some 200 permanent employees and about 80 contract staff across various cadres, ranging from new graduates to senior managers.
- In the darkness occasioned by the prevailing economic crisis in the country, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said the government of the day is seeing light at the end of the tunnel.
- The former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Bisi Akande, has appealed to Nigerians to start praying for the restoration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s health in order to avert a looming crisis which the development could throw the nation into.
- The Department of State Services says a Federal Government agency is protecting a former Special Adviser to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Delta Affairs, Kingsley Kuku, who is wanted for allegedly sponsoring Niger Delta militants.
- The Super Sand Eagles on Monday crashed out at the group stages of the Bahamas 2017. The team failed to progress to the quarterfinals of the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in the Bahamas after losing 1-2 on penalties to Iran following a 4-4 draw after three periods.
There you have it on this post “Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Tuesday morning.” Kindly check back tomorrow morning for more news update.
Share this news:
Enjoyed This Article Then You Will Definitely Enjoy The Following: