Good morning to you this Saturday morning. Here are the top 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Saturday morning, this news has been gathered from top Nigerian Newspapers issued today, Saturday 29th April, 2017. This News update was proudly brought to you by Fabnews.
Quote of the day – Saturday 29th April, 2017
All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. – George Orwell
Let’s go into the news in full….
- Nnamdi Kanu finally leaves Kuje prison: The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has been released from the Kuje Prison in Abuja. He was freed after meeting the bail conditions granted him by a Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday.
- No “resurgence of insurgency” in North-East – DHQ: The Defence Headquarters has reassured Nigerians that there is no “resurgence of insurgency’’ in the North East, particularly in Borno in spite of pockets of attacks and suicide bombings in the state.
- Whistle blowers to get N2.1bn: Whistle-blowers are set to get N2.1bn reward for their whistle-blowing efforts that have led to major discoveries since December 20, 2016 when the policy was inaugurated by the Federal Government.
- Workers’ salary: Ortom declares ‘state of emergency’: The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, declared on Friday what he tagged as ‘state of emergency’ on salary payment. The Governor made the announcement at a meeting with labour leaders at the New Banquet Hall of the Benue Peoples House in Makurdi.
- Tension as PDP chieftain, Lucky Ayomanor, dies in police custody: A chieftain of the PDP in Delta State, Lucky Ayomanor is confirmed to have died in police custody.
- Presidency rules out resignation for Buhari: As discussions over the health of Buhari continues, the Presidency has ruled out the possibility of him resigning over his ill health as being suggested by some Nigerians.
- Man petitions IGB over forceful marriage of underage daughter: A farmer from Niger State, Mr. Habila Gambo, has petitioned the IGP, Ibrahim Idris, over the forceful marriage of his 16-year-old daughter, Janet, by a tailor known as Nasiru Yusuf.
- Ile-Ife clash: Court orders remand of monarch, pastor, others in prison: An Osun State High Court sitting in Osogbo has ordered that suspects arrested in connection with the Ile-Ife clash be remanded in prison pending the commencement of the hearing on June 14 this year.
- Tottenham confirm move to Wembley Stadium for 2017/2018 season: Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed they will move to Wembley for the 2017/18 season football season, while their new stadium at Northumberland Park is being completed.
- Manchester Utd players to wear black armbands against Swansea in honour of Calabar fans: Players of Manchester United, will wear black armbands against Swansea this weekend, in honour of their Nigerian fans who died in a viewing centre tragedy in Calabar, Cross River.
There you have it on this post “Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Saturday morning.” Sure to check back tomorrow for news update.
Share this news:
Enjoyed This Article Then You Will Definitely Enjoy The Following: