Newspaper review today
Good morning to you this Thursday morning. Here are the top 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Thursday morning. This 10 news have been gathered from news headlines in the top Nigerian Newspapers for today, Thursday 27th April, 2017. This News update was proudly brought to you by Fabnews.
- Presidency tells Jonathan that Buhari can’t harass his family: The Presidency has dismissed claims by former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan that Buhari was harassing his family. The spokesman to the President said Buhari was not harassing anybody in his anti-graft war, but that he “merely allows the law to take its course.”
- Ooni of Ife says he will continue to respect Oba Akiolu: The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has said he will continue to accord Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, respect despite the monarch snubbing him at a social function on Tuesday. He said he wants to make sure Yoruba land is united.
- Former Nigerian minister of education Prof Babalola Borishade dead: Prof Babalola Borishade, who was the former minister of education, died on Wednesday after a brief illness at the age of 71.
- Fayose, Ekweremadu set to raise support fund for Nnamdi Kanu: After shocking the nation by storming the Federal high court in Abuja in solidarity with Nnamdi Kanu, the Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose is set to go a step further. Fayose, and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekwemeradu, are set to raise support fund for Nnamdi Kanu.
- Tabuwal’s attempt to stop Governorship nomination case fails: Attempt by Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State to make a Federal High Court in Abuja reject court processes filed against his nomination by All Progressive Congress, APC, for the 2015 election, has been dismissed.
- APC Kano State chairman moves to reconcile Kano gov, Emir: The APC Kano state chairman, Abdullahi Abbas, has began moves to reconcile Governor Abdullahi Ganduje and the Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi II.
- EFCC set to go after multinationals involved in illicit financial flows: The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has unveiled plans to go after multinationals involved in illicit financial flows out of Nigeria.
- CBN auctions $185.86m in Retail SMIS as Naira stable at N382/$: The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sold $185.86million at the retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS), even as the naira remained stable at 382 Naira per US dollar in the black market.
- FIFA set to use video assistant referee for 2018 World Cup: The world football governing body FIFA has announced that video assistant referee technology is going to be used during the upcoming world cup finals come 2018 in Russia.
- Real Madrid reserves run riot against Deportivo: Zinedine Zidane’s decision to make nine changes to his Real Madrid team paid off as Isco inspired them to an emphatic 6-2 win over Deportivo La Coruna.
There you have it on “Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to know this Thursday morning.” Check back tomorrow for news update.
Share this news:
Enjoyed This Article Then You Will Definitely Enjoy The Following: