Austrian Govenment Scholarships for International Students, 2017/2018- Apply Now!
Applications are accepted for the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for grants and research promotion for Undergraduate, Masters & PhD students. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria.
Description: Foundation of the Republic of Austria is offering scholarships for international students (except Austrians). Applicants who are descendants of forced laborers (regardless of their country of origin) or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers. Scholarships are awarded to pursue research on their diploma or master thesis or their dissertation at scientific research institutions in Austria.
Course Level: grants, research, undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates
Fields of Study: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts.
Eligibility: Eligible for application are
- descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
- or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Selection Criteria: Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- on their bachelor thesis
- on their diploma or master thesis
- or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor, Master or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships. The scholarship grant is for research.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Scholarships For Nigerians
Eligible Countries: All (except Austria)
Age limit:Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1977)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1982)
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- monthly scholarship installment: 1050 EUR
- Accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 – 4 months
How to Apply: Visit scholarship webpage for details to apply
Application Deadline: 1st September 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Award Provider: OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria.